Internal audit relates to the independent verification and advisory services, aimed to add value and enhance the company’s operations in the areas of risk management, control environment and management process. The primary objectives of the internal audit are as follows:
• verification and assessment of financial and operational information,
• review of operational effectiveness,
• review of compliance with legal and contractual obligations,
• transactions authorisation review and tests of compliance with interna procedures,
• review of control environment and the anti-fraud system,
• review of the operations management,
• ad-hoc risk reporting and risk mapping,
• reviews for Sarbanes-Oxley and similar regulations.
The usual deliverables of internal audit services are reports confirming the testing performed and/or reports with recommendations on control environment improvement.